Welcome to Mid-Hudson Valley Perspective. My purpose is to provide news and opinion on issues national and local to the Mid-Hudson Valley in New York. The stories I select must meet at least one of these criteria:
- The story was ignored, given inappropriate coverage, or misrepresented by the “mainstream” media,
- There's something in the story I wish to comment on, or
- I think my readers might want to comment on it.
Please feel free to contribute your thoughts. You can add comments to all items on the site. Unlike most other sites, no registration is required*. I only ask that you keep it civil.
I reserve the right to remove posts that I consider indecent. Views contrary to my own are welcome and will not be removed - as long as they meet my decency standard (I'll know indecency when I see it).
If you'd like to be added to our mailing list, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mid-Hudson Valley Perspective is not a commercial enterprise, and neither expects nor solicits revenues.
* Most sites have found it necessary to require registration in order to keep spammers away. I've taken another approach and have implemented measures that detect and block spam attempts. It is possible, but highly unlikely, that a legitimate contributor might be mistaken for a spammer. If you think this has happened to you, please let me know. The odds of it happening will be much lower if you avoid using product names (particularly drug names) or names like “Britney Spears” that are frequent subjects of spam in your contribution.
If you're a fan of talk radio, this is a good place to visit, because what you read here today is most likely what Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, et al, will be talking about tomorrow. Do your homework! Check this site every day.
- To present news of interest to right-thinking people, which is usually ignored or misrepresented by the "mainstream" media.
- To provide a forum for interested conservative readers to voice their views, focusing on the mid-hudson valley area of New York, including, but not limited to, the communities of Poughkeepsie, Wappingers Falls, Fishkill, Hyde Park, Beacon, Newburgh, New Paltz, Pawling and Hopewell Junction. (Input from "liberal" readers is welcome too)
- To provide web links to sites of interest to conservatives.
- To provide a multitude of governmental and historical resources.
Editor: Bill Kriebel
Guest Editor: Linda Cebrian